Spain officially the Kingdom of Spain, is a sovereign state located on the Iberian Peninsula in southwestern Europe. Its mainland is bordered to the south and east by the Mediterranean Sea except for a small land boundary with Gibraltar; to the north and northeast by France, Andorra, and the Bay of Biscay; and to the west and northwest by Portugal and the Atlantic Ocean. Along with France and Morocco, it is one of only three countries to have both Atlantic and Mediterranean coastlines.
Spanish territory also includes two archipelagos; the Balearic Islands, in the Mediterranean Sea, and the Canary Islands, in the Atlantic Ocean off the African coast; two major exclaves, Ceuta and Melilla, in continental North Africa; and the islands and penones (rocks) of Alboran, Alhucemas, Chafarinas and Velez de la Gomera.
In the early modern period, Spain became one of history’s first global colonial empires, leaving a vast cultural and linguistic legacy that includes over 500 million Spanish speakers, making Spanish the world’s second most spoken first language. It is a developed country with the world’s fourteenth largest economy by nominal GDP and sixteenth largest by purchasing power parity. It is a member of the United Nations and the European Union.
Why Study in Spain?
- High Quality Education
- High Visa Success Rate
- Study Programs Available in English Medium
- Chance to Explore Truly European Culture
Spain Education System
Pre-Primary Education [ Kindergarten Education ]
The Education before 6 years is termed as pre-primary education or kindergarten education and is divided into two groups. Group 1 is 1 to 3 years and Group 2 is 3 to 6 years.
- 6 to 12 years
- It is divided in to 3 cycles. First cycle is 6 to 8 years, Second cycle is 8 to 10 years, and Third cycle is 10 to 12 years.
- The certificate given at the end of this stage is termed as ‘School Graduate’.
- 12 to 16 years
- It is divided in to 2 cycles. First cycle is 12 to 14 years, and Second cycle is 14 to 16 years.
- The certificate given at the end of this stage is termed as ‘Secondary Education Graduate’.
Medium Grade Training
This stage has 2 options, Bachelor Degree (2 years) & Training for Occupations
Bachelor Degree allow a student to progress to traditional university education while Occupational Training allow a student to study for specific jobs.
Higher Grade Training
Post Secondary Occupational Training
This allow a student to gain high level occupation training required for specific jobs and it mainly includes specific training required for workplaces.
- The short degree programs which are of 3 years duration and lead to University Diploma. First 2 years of study will be general education and last year of study is further education in specific field.
- Engineering Technician programs are longer which are of 4 to 6 years. First 2 to 3 years of study will be general education and another 2 to 3 years of study is further education in respective field.
- Doctoral programs generally require 2 years of further study and consist of both coursework and a dissertation.